Monday, March 29, 2010

Stylish Viewing: Trailers for The Best in Spring and Summer Movies

I am honestly not someone who goes to the movies a lot, but considering the crop of movies forthcoming this spring and summer, I'm planning on packing a wrap cardigan and a bottle of water to enjoy some fabulous cinematic fare. Here's what's on my viewing list:



Chloe: I'm a HUGE suspense thriller fan and this one looks like it's going to be GOOD. When Julianne Moore suspects her husband (Liam Neeson) of cheating on her, she hires call girl Chloe (Amanda Seyfried) to see if her husband will take the bait. Evidently not only does he take said bait, but the two women also become romantically involved. Evidently everyone is in too deep when they discover Chloe is definitely not what she seems. It's already in theaters so this is what I'll be doing next weekend.




Iron Man 2: My love for Robert Downey Jr. is lifelong and shows no signs of stopping so I'll probably be the one standing in line for the midnight premiere of this one. Looks like Tony Stark is back and this time Samuel L. Jackson joins the fun as Nick Fury, Tony Stark's cigar-chomping SHIELD buddy. RDJ's got his hands full this time with two villains, played by Mickey Rourke and Scarlett Johansson. Gwyneth Paltrow plays Tony's beloved Pepper Potts again. Get your popcorn ready for this gem coming May 7th.



Sex and the City 2: I've already been posting about this one so I won't belabor the point. Just know that my ladies and I will be in fabulous footwear when Carrie Bradshaw and company come back to the big screen in May. Rumor has it that Aidan (John Corbett) makes a cameo in the movie. Keep it tuned for future updates.



The A-Team: I'm a huge action movie fanatic and this was one of my all-time favorite shows growing up. A elite commando unit is sent to prison for a crime they didn't commit. They break out and become a rogue team that fights crime and injustice off the grid. Liam Neeson plays Hannibal and I have two more words that should seal everyone's desire to see it: Bradley Cooper. In theaters June 10th.



Salt: Angelina Jolie is back to her butt-kicking best as an agent who is accused of being a Russian spy in a plot to assassinate the President. Liam Neeson co-stars but I always look forward to Hollywood's most controversial star getting her proverbial kicks on camera. Coming July 10th.



Inception: All I can say is "Wow." The follow up to The Dark Night by brilliant director Christopher Nolan, this movie boasts an all-star cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Cillian Murphy. The plot has been kept tightly under wraps but with the underground buzz is that this is the movie to beat this summer. The release date has yet to be set but you know where I'll be once it's announced. Check the website link for the full-length trailer and more details.





Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps: My excitement for this knows no bounds. I own the Director's Cut of the original movie from Oliver Stone and it appears that everyone's favorite greedy bastard, Gordon Gekko (played to perfection by Michael Douglas) is out of prison and looking to get back on top via his sharp potential son-in-law Jake (Shia LeBoeuf). Also starring LeBoeuf's real-life girlfriend Carey Mulligan, Josh Brolin, and Frank Langella, Stone's timing in bringing back Wall Street's favorite role model is truly genius and I can't wait to see what he does with the script. Mark your calendars for September 24th.

Happy screening, everyone!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast