Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Glamorous Life: A Private Viewing of Natori Essentials


I have to say, I get a chance to do some pretty incredible things so when Karen Robinovitz, Creatrix of Purple Lab and marketing genius extraordinaire, invited me to a party she was throwing for Josie Natori, I jumped at the chance. I've been a lifelong fan of Ms.Natori's work and when I learned that it was a private viewing of her new collection, Natori Essentials, at her private Upper East Side residence, I almost fainted. I mean, meeting a designer is one thing but previewing the collection in their own home is something altogether different. I raced over from work to meet Josie and view the collection.


Now, before I get into the collection, I have to say that her apartment is everything you would have ever thought and the woman herself is lovely and amazing. A musical prodigy as a child, she's been everything: a Carnegie Hall-playing pianist, an investment banker and then a world-famous designer. Ever the consummate host, she invited us to listen to her play the piano and then something kind of amazing happened: she asked me to sing with her. Yes, I can sing and yes, I got to sing with one of my favorite designers playing the piano. I can die happy now.

The collection is a wardrobe of all black basics that every woman should own. Effortlessly glamourous and incredibly easy, the Natori Essentials clothing line is full of clothes that Josie believes every woman should own and that look amazing on every BODY.



Available in a wide array of sizes, we're talking wide-legged flowing pants, lace-covered tanks with considerable stretch, a gorgeous cocoon sweater, one-shoulder tops and beautifully-cut dresses. These are the clothes that make getting dressed quick and easy and have you walking out the door looking impossibly chic.


Natori Essentials will be available at retailers nationwide soon so there are three ways to get in on these sleek and sexy basics. You can check out the website, follow them on Twitter at @NatoriEssentials or become a fan on Facebook for all the updates fit to print.

As for me, look for me to start rocking some of these sleek and sexy pieces as I work on my own personal style upgrade. After meeting the designer, I'm personally inspired to add more glamour and ease into my life. I encourage all of you to do the same.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast