Monday, March 29, 2010

Beauty Directory: Relax and Reinvent at Woodley and Bunny Salon and Apothecary


I feel that hair salons appeal to certain types of clientele. I'm personally a rocker chick at heart so let me expressly state that if you're looking for cutting-edge treatments with a decidedly chill vibe, there's only one place to go. Hop on the L train and head to Williamsburg: it's time to go to Woodley and Bunny.

The salon floor. The beauty room is off the left at the back.

The brainchild of celebrity and editorial hairstylist Erin Anderson and her sister Misha (co-founder and co-owner), this salon and apothecary is the perfect mixture of their personalities: cutting-edge quality with a very chill vibe. After an intensely trying week, I descended the stairs to experience my own version of the Fountain of Youth. Ladies and gentlemen, if you're looking to relax and restore your face and hair after a particularly brutal time (personal issues, weather, bad boss, breakup, whatever), I recommend booking a Facial and a Hair Repair Treatment.

 I loved this. It's a wall of Polaroids of the cool looks they give their customers.

Upon arrival, I was offered a choice of beverage and treated to a mind-blowing scalp massage and conditioner application. While the conditioner worked its magic, Cande brought me into the Beauty Room (a new addition to the salon and a must do for anyone, period) and discussed what I'd like to get out of the facial. I said that I needed to hydrate my skin (subway travel and champagne are hard on the face) and that I just wanted to relax. Three soothing layers of masks, a blissful massage and an eyebrow shaping later and I'm eternally indebted to Cande. This is a woman with amazing energy who really focuses on healing and making sure the client feels good. We all need a Cande in our lives. Book that facial now, people.

I digress. Post-facial, the gorgeous and amazing James placed me in the chair and proceeded to blow my hair out with an intoxicating (in a very good way) mixture of MoroccanOil and Sachajuan products. Never heard of Sachajuan? Neither had I. Evidently, Erin was racing around Los Angeles after having her products confiscated at the airport and found the Swedish label at Fred Segal. The line works with sea algae to deliver maximum nutrients to the hair. All I have to say is that it's days later and my hair feels hydrated, healthy and incredibly smooth. James and I discussed some options for styling with my new haircut and I emerged with new energy and a very edgy cool new style. It's love and I'm going back for more.

Woodley and Bunny is a fabulous location to stop in for even the quickest beauty treatment or to hang for a while while you create a new look.Their retail area has some of the best products known to man (makeup, hair, everything - bring the credit card or you'll be sorry) so feel free to take some of the products home on your way out.

If you're looking for a chill place to recharge, relax and reinvent, I highly recommend Woodley and Bunny.
I'm not just recommending it. I'm booking my follow-up appointment as we speak. That's love, people.


Woodley and Bunny
196 North 10th Street (btw Bedford and Driggs)
Williamsburg, Brooklyn
718.218.6588
http://www.woodleyandbunny.com

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast