Thursday, March 25, 2010

Obsession of the Day: Marc by Marc Jacobs Star Pendant



My mother’s favorite story of me as a child is an incident from the first grade. Everyone remembers that exercise where the teacher asks you what you want to be when you grow up. Well, when it got around to me after a whole room full of “My name is Timmy and I want to be a doctor” and “My name is Allie and I want to be a veterinarian”, I stood up and said at the top of my lungs, “My name is Kristi and I want to be a star!” Evidently, my teacher recalled this story at a parent/teacher conference and told my mother, “You’ve got your hands full with this one.”

Cut to present day and I still love star motif on just about anything. It’s my belief that all of us deserve to feel like we’ve got that chance to be center stage in our lives, where we get to feel special and beloved. I was looking for a necklace to wear every day to remind myself of this story and, lo and behold, I came across this fabulous pendant from my beloved Marc Jacobs. It’s a cheap thrill and a great reminder that no matter how things appear to be at any given time, we’re all stars.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Star Pendant ($68), available at shopbop.com

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast