Saturday, March 6, 2010

Edtior's Note: Happy Birthday to Fashion.Style.Beauty!


Last night I went out for a glass of champagne to celebrate one of the greatest accomplishments of my life so far: Fashion.Style.Beauty turned one on March 5th!

When I basically sold everything I owned to move to NYC in April 2007, I had only one goal: to become a fashion and beauty writer in the worlds of fashion and beauty in New York City. I kept my "day job" in corporate America until the downturn of the economy sent me another message when I lost my job at a major financial firm. I took that as a sign to go into publishing full-time and prayed I'd never have to look back. After starting this site on March 5th of 2009, it's my belief and constant prayer that I never have to do anything other than what I love ever again.

One year after its start date, Fashion.Style.Beauty is a labor of love of over 460 posts, countless events and tireless work hours. It's a seven-day-a-week job. What I hope I've built is an indulgence not only for the mind but for the soul as well. If you find any comfort and joy in reading even the smallest sales announcement on this site, I feel I've done well by you.

As I'm spending the weekend loading a tremendous amount of information into the system and planning the direction of the site moving forward, I write this note to all of you, the readers of Fashion.Style.Beauty. I owe every single one of you a huge debt of gratitude for spending time with me almost every day, reading what I have to say. I wish I could throw a huge party and invite all of you and lavish you with gifts, but for now I can only offer my sincerest gratitude and a promise that the site will continue to get better every day. I've got some huge things planned and I hope you'll be as excited about them as I am.

I know people tend to disregard blogs and the seriousness of what we do. If they only knew the amount of blood, sweat and tears that go into maintaining a site, they might think a little differently. Most of us are an army of one, working until late into the night and on weekends to deliver smart, thoughtful content. To my fellow bloggers out there working hard, I raise a glass to you.

Happy Birthday to my baby, Fashion.Style.Beauty. Mama is so proud!

1 comment:

Diana said...

I'm proud of you too sweetie! Keep up the good work! :) And Happy Birthday to FSB!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast