Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Winter Fashion Solution: Sorel Boots, 'Cause Baby It's Cold Outside




Cold enough for ya?

I have to admit that as a girl who grew up in the mountains, I'm not afraid of a little snow but throw in layers of black ice and snow drifts on the sidewalk and it can make navigating the urban jungle a little more complicated than I'd like. I've gone through two pair of boots in the past few years and have slipped in both so when a little box of heaven arrived from the good folks at Sorel recently for me to test, I was more than eager to give them a shot.

Ladies, I give you the perfect merger of warmth and function in these fabulous boots. Look, that's what really hurt the most, right? They need to look good AND be function and I'm happy to report that these boots deliver like Dominos. Stylish, warm and keep graceful (ha!) women like me from having to wear protective gear to the subway station. Let me extol the virtues of my new fabulous winter footwear:

  • Tall cut (because snow drifts are rarely ankle length, people)
  • The perfect sub-zero combination of waterproof leather, 100g Thinsulate™ Insulation and a soft Rock Pile fleece lining that keeps my pedicure (and, you know, my poor toes) from freezing
  • An easy on and off zip closure that keeps people who are zipper challenged from getting upset enough to cut the boot off (again, not announcing my idiocy but I sometimes get stuck in things, especially when I'm angry because I'm cold and yes, I have cut a boot off my foot before...after a couple of margaritas and rather icy conditions)
  • A removable molded footbed designed for maximum comfort and ....
  • For those of us who are prone to slipping and falling (again, grace is not my strong suit), a traction-enhancing multi-directional rubber lug outsole with some serious grip


I've tested these babies in snow drifts and on sidewalks laden with ice and I can report that not only are they stylish but they kept me from my usual slip-and-fall winter routine. Warm boots with grip that are hot enough to take out to dinner? Sold.

My Sorel Hoonah boots (shown above) retail fro $150 but check out the online store for this style as well as many other styles and options. The boots for men are especially handsome and considering we're expecting a rather nasty winter with sub-zero temperatures and record snowfall to match, it's time to look at investing in a fashion-forward but functional footwear solution. I believe I've found my winter boots for 2010 in my fabulous Sorels.

FTC Full Disclosure: Sample received for review

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast