Monday, January 11, 2010

Eco-Chic Beauty Obsession: Weleda Skin Food



I'm rarely without hand cream and during the winter, I stash a tube in every pocket, drawer and handbag so I'm never without it. I've had many favorites but this winter my hands have thanked me for my new eco-chic beauty obsession, Weleda Skin Food ($17). A product I usually use for rough elbows and knees in the summer, this organic cream has become my hands' best friend this winter.

The cream contains essential fatty acids, vitamin E,  and organic pansy to calm dry irritation (my cuticles will crack and bleed, people. If I tell you that a hand cream soothes dry skin, please listen to me.) It also contains the antiseptic properties of rosemary leaf extract and the anti-inflammatory and nourishing organic calendula flower. The cream nourishes, keeps my hands from itching and cracking, and gives them a young and supple appeal...which is a tall order after exposure to gas heat and sub-zero temperatures.

My trick is to slather my hands in it before I put on my mittens, then apply more at my destination. Organic and soothing? Score. I have one in every bag and considering we're not even halfway through this bitter cold winter, I might suggest you do the same.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast