Monday, January 25, 2010

Charitable Causes: Help Me Raise Money for Cancer with Cycle for Survival





I don't like to put too much of my personal business out here but this time I'll make an exception.

My grandmother has been diagnosed with cancer again and it's terminal. It's a heartbreaking situation for me and my family. This is the second time that this is happened and it will be the tenth relative I've lost to this disease. I know many others have had this experience and it's tearing me apart.

I'm the type of person who would like to feel that I'm doing something rather than sitting idly aside and watching things happen. So I signed up to raise money for the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center programs, money that will go to fund research to eradicate cancer in all its forms, especially rare and dangerous strains like pancreatic, which is what's about to take my dear grandmother from me.

This Sunday, January 31st, I'm participating in Cycle for Survival, which is basically an 8 hour Spinning class to raise money for cancer research. My shift is from 1-5 pm on that day and that basically means I'm going to ride for four hours to raise money for cancer research. I'd ride across the country if it meant doing something to save her life but this is the best I can do.

If you can find it in your heart to sponsor me, I promise to stay on that bike for the entire four hours and work as hard as I can to make that difference. Give a little or a lot, but your tax-deductible donation will go directly to Sloan-Kettering and fund much-needed research so that eventually we can make cancer a thing of the past.

If you can't give, then please send all your positive energy to me this Sunday as I ride for my grandmother and all of the amazing people I've lost to various forms of cancer. I can only do what I can do to help and I feel this is what I can do for now.

Thanks for reading this. Much health and love to all of you.
Kristin

Sponsor Me! http://mskcc.convio.net/goto/fashionstylebeauty

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast