Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Obsession of the Day: Suffer Dry, Itchy Hands No More with DERMADoctor Handy Manum




I have epic dry hands.

No, no, I mean like fisherman-level chapped, dry, crack-and-bleed dry hands. I have done everything minus walk around in lined moisturizing gloves to cure it and still I get ragged cuticles and horrible, painful splits. I have had dermatologists prescribe steroid creams for my skin because of my condition. After years of despair and disapproving looks from manicurists who have to do something to make my hands look presentable, a little bottle of magic time came into my possession called DERMAdoctor Handy Manum Medicated Skin Repair Serum ($27).

This is a hand cream (and really, skin serum) for those of us who have some SERIOUS dry skin issues. Complete with 1% hydrocortisone, a multi-acid complex and propylene glycol to create a barrier to the elements, this hand cream is especially designed for individuals suffering from atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, contact dermatitis, dyshidrotic eczema, cold weather, excessive water exposure and harsh cleanser use. Which, you know, basically describes a whole lot of us out here.

You can also use it to relieve temporary itching from minor skin irritations and rashes from eczema, psoriasis, and reactions to chemicals like, yes, cheap jewelry and soaps.

It's now the staple hand cream in my handbag and if you have epic dry hands, it's one for you, too. Anyone need some? A show of hands, please....?

1 comment:

Karen E. Duncan said...

I get super dry, disgusting hands in winter so I'm always looking for a great hand cream. Will definitely have to check this product out Thanks for sharing!!!

Smooches!
Karen (aka MakUpDiva)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast