Thursday, April 22, 2010

Obsession of the Day: Stella McCartney Faux Suede Scalloped Ryden Sandal


In honor of Earth Day and eco-chic fashion, style and beauty everywhere, I would be in the wrong not to call out one of the original fashion champions for cruelty-free fashion: Stella McCartney. This designing dynamo learned her love of animals and the earth from her famous parents and has since put it to good use, turning out cruelty-free fashion that looks as good as it feels to wear it. With celebrity fans such as Kate Hudson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Liv Tyler and Madonna (she made Madge's wedding dress for her wedding to Guy Ritchie years ago), this fashion maven turns out consistently gorgeous designs that are ethically sound and completely covet-worthy.

You know, like these gorgeous scalloped faux suede platform sandals. I love the design and the fact that wearing them will let me make a significant fashion impact while simultaneously reducing those weird pangs of guilt I get every once in a while about the leather goods collection in my closet.  I can't change what I've done but with designs like Stella's, I can make a fashionable step forward in my eco-chic efforts.

Stella McCartney Faux Suede Platform Scalloped Ryden Sandal ($1075), available via Stella McCartney.com

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast