Friday, April 16, 2010

Obsession of the Day: Core Fusion at Exhale Spa

  Photo courtesy of Marie Claire

Ok, so let's be honest here: I am ready to wear a two-piece bathing suit again. Can I get a witness and an "Amen" from the choir?

Look, I'm like all of you out there struggling to find time to work out, keep your waist tight, and make sure that things stay fit and trim. I made myself a promise that I wouldn't spend another summer hiding under layers, feeling badly about myself. Which is why I started doing Core Fusion at exhale pretty regularly. It gets results and it gets results FAST.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I used to work for the spa a long time ago, so I'm beyond familiar with the efficacy of this exercise class. Co-creators Fred De Vito and Elisabeth Halfpapp have created a class that merges yoga, gyrotonics, ballet, isometrics and active isolated stretching into a workout that gets you long, lean and strong in a way that is unparalled in any other workout I've ever done. The movements are small but powerful, breaking muscle down in a way so that when it reshapes it gives you a body you can't begin to imagine. This is where those Hollywood bodies come from, ladies and gentlemen, and I'm betting it can get me back into a two-piece bathing suit come July 4th weekend.

exhale has multiple locations across the country in Northern and Southern California, Boston, New York, Chicago, Dallas and Miami so head to their website and check out a class (then stay for a mind-blowing spa therapy - Body Enlightening is not to be believed). If you're not near a location but want to give it a try, pick up one of their DVDs or tune into FitTv to catch Fred and Elisabeth for a thirty-minute workout.

Long, lean and hot: that's my whole mantra for summer because mama needs to go on a date or two. All blogging and no play makes me a lumpy, frumpy, not-so-fabulous girl....and I don't plan on being anything BUT fabulous due to these intense, results-producing workouts.

Core Fusion Classes ($30 per class or inquire about class series and memberships), available at exhale spas nationwide.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast