Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New York Fashion Week: Mackage Fall/Winter 2010 Collection



Before The Show: Backstage at Mackage began at the bright hour of 7 am. I arrived at 8 am for a look at the beauty look, which I’ll cover in another post but I had a chance to interview the designers for Mackage, Eran Elfassy and Elisa Dahan, briefly before the beginning of the show about their first full ready-to-wear collection. Here’s what they had to say:




Overhead In the Crowd:
This wasn’t actually from the crowd but from backstage. Some really obnoxious journalist was badgering my friend Heather, who happened to be the fabulous PR rep in charge of safeguarding backstage access. After attempting to charm her with the offer that “he looks good on camera” and “I’ll take you to dinner, baby. You have no idea how cute I can be,” (ew, I know, right?), she let me backstage for my interview with the designers. Gross Boy says, “What? What’s she that I’m not that she gets to go back there and interview them.” Heather says, “Approved. She’s APPROVED.” Sigh. Heather K. from Tractenberg and Co.,  I just adore you.

 All photos from runway show provided by Getty Images

The Collection:
Anyone who is a fan of Mackage’s gorgeous outerwear will not be disappointed with their genius first RTW collection. The vibe of the runway for men’s and women’s was a mixture of prep school tailoring and rocker glam (think if you went to boarding school with Mick Jagger’s kids). Beautifully tailored clothes with a dash of attitude, this is clothing  for people who love well-cut clothing with urban edge: leather shorts, leather pyramid studs details on  everything from ankle-length wool pants to all manner of gloves, bomber jackets with oversized fur trim collars. The accessories were also key here: gloves in driving to elbow length were shown on multiple looks.



Trend Spotting:
Fur and leather were big in the collection. Gorgeous, lovely, well-cut and beautifully presented. Also big were the gloves I’ve mentioned and it appears that over-the-knee boots show no sign of going anywhere if Mackage has anything to say about it. Which, I hope they do because I love the trend as well.

Overall Impression:
It was a gorgeous first-time full collection and as a fan of Mackage, I was not disappointed.  I wanted every item shown in the collection. As a matter of fact, I’ve already started saving up.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast