Thursday, August 27, 2009

60 Second Fitness Tip: The Netflix Gym



As some of us are too busy to live, we always complain there's no time to go to the gym. Between busy schedules, long hours, kids, boyfriends and other commitments, the very thought of packing a gym bag, heading to a gym or yoga studio to work out and then getting back again is exhausting. So, we blow it off and our backsides continue to take on extra lbs.

I've recently discovered a cure for all of these excuses and a few more: Netflix. Yes, you read that correctly. I just filled my queue with a TON of workout DVDs and I do them during my "lunch hour" or crack of dawn early in my apartment. This alleviates almost all of my issues: I can't get bored because a brand new workout shows up in my mailbox every other day (or some have the "Watch Instantly" option where you can view them on a computer or hook it up to your TV), I can shower and get ready in the privacy of my own home and I can try just about any workout I want. If you have a Netflix account, I presume this means you carve out time to watch a movie. How about taking 45 minutes to do a workout video, then collapse on the floor and do crunches during a real movie?

If you don't have a Netflix account, it's really the smartest way to rent movies and if you use this fitness tip it's seriously a mere fraction of the cost of a gym membership. There are thousands of videos to choose from, so kick up your workout routine with my new favorite workout location: the Netflix gym!

1 comment:

eye4style said...

This is SUCH a smart and budget conscious idea, I love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast