Thursday, August 27, 2009

NYFW: Getting Ready for Fashion Week



You know how they say that you know the moment you fall in love? All the air comes out of your body, you can't breathe and it feels like lightening hit you in the chest? I've only had this feeling a few times in my life but the first time I really felt it deep down in my soul was the moment I walked through the tents at Fashion Week.

As insane as all the standing in line while wearing painful shoes can be, I love every crazy, madcap moment of it. I love the energy of the shows, I adore looking at everyone as they dress to impress - it never gets old for me. But the main reason I love to attend Fashion Week is out of a sheer, unabashed love for the clothes. I have always adored good design and when you see these gorgeous items stalking down the runway on a model who is working it for all its worth, they can create moments that take your breath away.

Fashion.Style.Beauty will be reporting live from the tents this year in both photo and video. We're going backstage once or twice and we'll be giving you all the news that's fit to print when it comes to the designers, their collections and all of the fun and fabulousness that is Fashion Week. For the first time ever, we'll be running back and forth between the Bryant Park tents of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week and the new MAC at Milk, the beloved makeup brand's collaboration with Milk Studios in Soho. This will be very interesting as some beloved favorite designers are returning to the tents while others have decided to show at Milk. The times they are a-changin' and we'll be reporting on all of it as we can. We're also part of Style Coalition's Inside The Tents. As one of the new kids on the block, we're honored to be included!

If you're not a subscriber, you might want to do so now because we'll be giving exclusives and giveaways during Fashion Week for our beloved subscribers ONLY. I'll be sending along sneak peeks at the collections and reporting on my preparations to wear some pretty brilliant clothes during that time. Every day you'll get a shot of what I'm wearing and where you can get these looks yourself. I hope you'll join me on this journey to the tents (and beyond). It's love and a pure passion for fashion...let's get ready for Fashion Week!

#NYFW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you lovely!

Congrats!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast