Thursday, September 3, 2009

NYFW: Getting Down to Fashion Weight

If you're going out for cocktails or dinner anywhere in Manhattan at a spot frequented by fashion and beauty media, socialites, buyers or anyone associated with Fashion Week, you'll hear almost all of us talking about the fact that we're on diets. Specifically, the "Fashion Week Diet". Is it a regular program? No. Is there a book with a diet and exercise regimen. Not really.

The "diet" is very simple, really: do whatever it takes to look your absolute best for the tents, the parties and the amazing clothing you will wear. Think of it as the prom, a first date and swimsuit season all rolled into one.



As someone who is now down 72 lbs (and it was no easy feat, let me tell you), I am determined to do this the right way, which is with diet and exercise. Since I have absolutely no time for the gym, I rent workout DVDs from Netflix and do one a day (sometimes two if I have the time). I'm also on The Fresh Diet (the way Sheri Shepard lost all that weight on The View), which is an amazing diet delivery service that drops three meals and two snacks on my doorstep every morning so I don't have to think about what I'm eating. The diet is teaching me all sorts of things about eating, from proper portion size to the fact that really healthy food can taste AMAZING! The dishes are really delicious: today's menu is as follows:

Breakfast: Spinich & Feta Cheese Egg Bake with Fresh Papaya
Snack: Charred Lamb Loin on Whole Wheat Crostini with Oven Roasted Tomato
Lunch: Tofu Caesar Salad with Romaine Lettuce, Sun-Dried Tomato, European Cucumber and Caesar Dressing
Dinner: Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Lemon Pepper and Garlic Sauce with Roasted Sweet Potato and Green Beans with Toasted Almonds
Dessert: Cherry Vanilla Cheese Cake

The best thing about The Fresh Diet (other than home delivery and absolutely delicious food)? When you sign up for the service, you log into an account and give your food preferences (I don't like condiments like mayo and ketchup, so those aren't in the foods delivered). It's like having a private chef that controls your calorie intake and makes smart food decisions when you just don't have the time or, like me, don't know how to eat properly. They currently deliver in South Florida, Chicago, NY Tri-State area, Southern California, Boston and Philadelphia so if you're in any of these areas and you want to lose weight in a healthy manner while eating delicious food, contact them today.

So, as I race to the finish to get into the gorgeous vintage dress and some pretty fabulous clothes for Fashion Week, my diet and exercise plan will consist of more than a deep breath at meals and a cigarette for dessert. I'm already down 7 lbs so it's definitely working!

See you at the tents, slimmer and fashion-ready!

#NYFW

2 comments:

The Fashionable Housewife said...

Sounds like a really neat diet! I thought it would be more expensive than that too. Very cool and easy way to lose weight.

Anonymous said...

Check out our blog for a special promotion price.

http://blog.thefreshdiet.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast