Tuesday, September 8, 2009

NYFW: The Fashion Week Beauty Palette

New York Fashion Week is upon us in 48 hours and counting, and that means everyone is slightly crazed coordinating every last detail so we can look our fashionable, fabulous best when we hit the tents. Right now shoes, handbags, dresses and accessories are coming in at 900 mph but my beauty look is completely set. Over the next week, I'll be doing a daily featured called "What I'm Wearing" that will tell you about my look for that day and how to get it/where to buy it (if available). Here is the makeup you'll be seeing:


For day, I'm doing a gently smoked eye with a dramatic red lip. The LORAC Red Carpet Reveal Collection is going to be my daytime staple at the tents this year. I am positively loving the Breakthrough Performance Lipstick SPF 15 in Leading Lady ($22), a moisturizing, stay-put and universal red, and I'm mad for the Red Carpet Reveal Eye & Cheek Palette ($35). Amazing formulations and so compact I can use them on moving transportation between events with no errors.

Running from the tents to after-parties will require me to amp up the glamour a bit. I'm working a very rocker-chic vibe this year, so I'm using my bad-girl makeup bag staple, Urban Decay. Their Ammo Plus Primer Set ($39) has gorgeous formula, dramatic pigment shadows coupled with their secret weapon Shadow Primer Potion to give it maximum staying power and smooth application that will make my eyes dramatic and gorgeous. Coupled with their 24/7 Super Stash ($39), a collection of nine of their stay-put-and-stunning eyeliners, my eyes will be center stage.

I have three other amazing staples that will accompany me to the tents from Smashbox, NARS and Kiehl's. For mascara, I need lengthening and curling to make my eyes pop, so I'm absolutely loving my Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara in Midnight Black ($19). I'll use my cheeks mainstay, the NARS Multiple in Orgasm ($37) and I'm rocking my new favorite scent weapon, Kiehl's Essential Oils with Roller Ball Applicator in Coriander 1946 . This essential oil comes in a fabulous purse-size and has an amazing, sexy fragrance that settles into skin easily without overpowering.

Just a little preview of the glam routine that will be keeping me sane and sexy during Fashion Week. Feel free to steal a few of these fast, fabulous beauty items for your own get-fabulous-fast routine!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast