Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stylish Living: New York City Picks from Purple Lab NYC's Karen Robinovitz

  Karen Robinovitz inside of one of NYC's most enviable locations, her West Village closet.

Last time we got the hottest picks from Alice + Olivia's Stacey Bendet. I figured it was time to ask another girl about town for her favorite hotspots in NYC. I give you where to go, what to see and what to do from Purple Lab NYC's Creatrix, the lovely and amazing Karen Robinovitz. Hey, Karen, where do you:

(l-r) Virayoga, Clay Fitness and Spa

Do yoga/workout/exercise - Virayoga for Anusara yoga and Clay is my gym, though I need to get to Tracy Anderson's studio!

Dell'Anima
 
Eat - Nobu, Dell'Anima, Little Owl for amazing brunch, Aquagrill for oysters, Murray's for a cheese fest.

Lobby of NYC's Standard Hotel

Have a cocktail - I don't really drink so I never go out for cocktails (shhhhh, I'm secretly no fun.) If I had to pick, it would definitely be The Standard Hotel.

Hang out with your girlfriends - Home! I love having friends over and entertaining.

Kirna Zabete
 
Shop - Kirna Zabete, Curve, Resurrection Vintage, Jeffrey, Alexander McQueen, Barneys New York, Moss for home design.

Relax and unwind - Vital Ki Energy of Jungshim to get the chakras lined up and maintain balance. There's a great healing treatment for just $60 and afterward you'll feel like a million. 39 W. 14th St. The best place for a quick energy tune up.

Devachan Salon and Spa
 
Have a day of beauty - A facial with Nina at Paul Labrecque (the Upper East Side location). No one cleans skin like her. She has changed my life. And then hop down to Soho for curl love at Devachan, the only place I will let touch my hair! They have a beautiful spa as well. I have an amazing massage therapist named Eli. Having him over for late night deep tissue action would just make the day complete.

The sculpture garden at the Museum of Modern Art
 
Have a little peace and quiet - The garden of the MOMA. Nothing like sitting outside, next to a Richard Serra and journaling. There are also hidden nooks in my neighborhood (the West Village) with little gardens and benches where it's so nice to have a quiet lunch and read.

Party until dawn - I wouldn't know personally, but right now it's all about Boom Boom Room, top floor of the Standard Hotel.
 A scenic view of New Paltz


Spend time with your husband - Gallery hopping in Chelsea (we are super passionate about contemporary art and used to collect pre-Purple Lab - we can't wait to be able to collect again!) and getting on his motorcycle to jet to the DIA Center upstate. Speaking of upstate, we love weekends hiking in New Paltz.

Head out this weekend and check out some of Karen's picks for chic living and keep it here to FSB for more fabulous fashion, style and beauty news!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast