Thursday, May 6, 2010

Worthwhile Causes: How Your Haircut Can Help The Oil Spill Issue



Even though I'm on vacation right now, I'm consumed with worry about the insane amount of oil leaking off the coast of Louisiana right now. A fragile ecosystem is in extreme peril and the livelihoods of potentially thousands of Americans is at stake. I was sitting around, trying to figure out what I could do and this morning, the answer came to me via my favorite program, Good Morning America: Matter of Trust.

Evidently, human and animal hair can be gathered from salons and groomers (or even your garage, it doesn't need to be immaculate), wrapped in pantyhose (nylons), and used to create oil-soaking boons. These boons made of our own discarded matter can soak up nearly 50 GALLONS of oil! Isn't that fabulous?!? I mean, what are you going to do with it other than throw it away (don't answer that)?

Log onto this site and see how you can participate. Let's get all of our fabulous hairdressers and pet groomers involved in this effort and see if we can send some help down to the Gulf. It's a cause worth losing a couple of hair overs, don't you think?

For more information or to donate, please go to amatteroftrust.org

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast