Thursday, October 1, 2009

The FSB Hot Style List: Fast Lips, Hot Fall Fashion Picks, Madonna's New CD and Hot Cocktails



I'm a firm believer that every woman should have a list of favorite things that helps her sip, shop and live in style. Funny thing is, since I work in fashion and beauty, this list changes on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis for me. I thought I'd start sharing what I'm digging on this week. What's on my mind this week as fall officially makes it arrival?



This Laura Mercier Lip Watercolours Palette ($48) has saved my life for almost two months now. Available for fair and medium complexions, these highly pigmented shades can be used one at a time or together for dazzling impact in a hurry. It's right for the season and a great value for the woman on the go.

As I'm surveying my fall wardrobe, I didn't realize that I don't have a good versatile short boot to just throw on and leave the house. These uber-hot Sam Edelman Lakota boots ($225) will be just the thing for fall.



I want a faux fur vest but I don't know if I want to invest a lot of money in the trend. Then again, I don't want to sacrifice quality and walk around in something that looks like it was made from Muppets. This Fred Flare Faux Fur Vest ($60) looks and feels amazing at a great try-the-trend price.



This weekend is all about nesting, since I'm unpacking after moving into my new apartment. While I unpack, I'll be dancing around to Madonna's new album, Celebration, a compilation of her greatest hits. If you care to get into the groove with me right this minute, here's an old and rare Madonna track, "Burning Up."



When the neighbors complain, I'll just offer them one of the hot cocktails I'll be cooking up this weekend. It's called a Galliano Toddy (I'm a fashion nut down to the names of my drinks and I am not ashamed of this fact, people). Here's the recipe if you feel like warming up your own humble abode this weekend:

Galliano Toddy
1 oz Scotch whiskey
3/4 oz Galliano® herbal liqueur
1/4 oz grenadine syrup
1 slice lemon
2 oz boiling water

Pour all ingredients into a hot cup, sprinkle with grated nutmeg, and serve.

Enjoy and look for more hot picks for next week as the weather cools down. So many awesome things coming on FSB!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast