Wednesday, July 1, 2009

FSB Behind the Scenes: Bravo's The Fashion Show

Ok, so I admit that as much as I love Bravo's The Fashion Show, I have been completely remiss in keeping up with posts on it but you HAVE been watching, haven't you? Between the reality show drama and the real-live advice you can take away from this show, it's must-see programming, people. Tune in right this minute if you haven't already.

The look at left is the winning look from the challenge on Episode 7, where the designers had to design an outfit inspired by Isaac Mizrahi's mood board in less than eight hours. While I adore the outfit (you can buy a look inspired by the winning design here), I was mad for the hair. TRESemme's Jeanie Syfu, the lead stylist on the show, tells how to get this look:

• Apply TRESemmé Thermal Creations Instant Heat Tamer Spray on dry hair concentrating on the mid-shaft to ends.
• Starting at the nape, use a 1/4" curling iron to create small ringlets from roots to ends.
• Once entire head is curled, create a center part and finger through to loosen and fluff the curls.
• Rub TRESemmé Anti-Frizz Secret Smoothing Crème on hands, and twirl small sections of hair around the finger to create definition.

I gave it a shot and it totally works. See photo of me with my new rockin' do below out to dinner at NYC's Cafeteria with my friend Suzette:















I was invited backstage to watch the taping of the finale episode featuring the finalists' collection at the legendary Cipriani Wall Street last week. The photo below is a sneak preview. I can't show you most of the backstage photos until after the episode airs but I promise they're totally worth it!

(You might recognize the two models in the photo : the gorgeous girl with curly hair is Nazri from Project Runway. The girl at the far left is Bianca Golden, a runner-up from America's Next Top Model.)

So, tune in tonight and check out all the drama, intrigue and real-life style advice. Do not miss another episode, people. After all, life is a fashion show!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast