Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dressing for the Weather: Overcast Skies = Silky Rocker Chic



It has finally stopped raining today in NYC (at least for a bit) so I can stop building an ark in my living room. When you see sunlight after days of craptastic weather the immediate impulse is to dress way lighter than the weather will really permit. I’m a fan of silk tunics and layering pieces during this weather so when I dash out to cover events this afternoon, this is what I will be wearing.


Gorgeous Danae Tunic from Hayden Harnett ($174) that I grabbed from a recent advertisement shoot for the label. That news is coming soon.


My black Levis Low Skinny 531 jeans ($69) underneath the tunic. It’s a lie that curvy girls can’t wear skinny jeans. Just play with proportion: if you wear something form-fitting on the bottom, balance it with something flowing and feminine on top.


Pour La Victoire Women's "Bianca" Nubuck Platform Pumps ($280) add serious attitude. I’m also a fan of tall girls in high heels so I have no fear of height. Bring it on.

Throw on this Miss Sixty Madcap Black Short Trench ($149) over the outfit and I’m out the door! A break in the rain doesn’t always have to mean a break in the mood. Attitude in your wardrobe is always fun, rain or shine.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast