Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Obsessions of the Day: My List of Birthday Favorites

Every day, I send you these lovely daily obsessions of little things that make my heart go pitter-patter. In honor of my birthday today, I thought I would give you a list of obsessions that would make my heart skip a beat. Here are my new obsessions in no particular order but with equal admiration:

The beauty floor at Bergdorf Goodman - This is one of the most beautiful things you will ever see, beauty addicts. It's sincerely one of the best curated collections of cosmetics, skincare and fragrance you will ever come across in an environment that is elegant and easy to navigate. When in NYC, it's a landmark experience that you will never forget. It's one of my favorite places in the entire city.

Fenton/Fallon For J. Crew - Every single item of jewelry in this collection is sheer perfection. This is a great way to pick up jewelry designer Dana Lorenz' pieces at a fraction of what her original pieces cost. I need everything single thing that she does and this diffusion line is no exception. This fringe cuff bracelet is $115. Buy it and wear it with everything.

Hanes Men's Undershirts - I adore T by Alexander Wang but not everyone can drop that kind of coin on a T-shirt on a regular basis. These soft, durable and sexy tees are a staple in my wardrobe and I purchase packs of them at a time in the tank and tee versions. I take them home with boxes of dye and change the colors, cut the necks, resew the sleeves, add chains and ribbons. Most of the tees I own I've made myself.



Levi's Denim - If you look in my closet, you will see a vast array of jeans, but you'll see quite a number of Levi's denim jeans in varying silhouettes and washes. I discovered 501's in high school and I've been a fan ever since. They always make me look my best and I'm a huge, unwaivering fan. I just wore my beloved pair of Levi's Demi Curve Skinnies in Nickel Grey ($59.50) last night.


Alice + Olivia by Stacey Bendet - If you read this site, you know that I'm completely obsessed with her fabulous party-worthy clothes. My goal at some point is to purchase at least one piece a month, like her "Jasmine" Bustier Dress ($495).




ADAM Ostrich Feather Skirt ($595) - This came blowing down the runway on the model and it took my breath away. Where oh where has this skirt been my entire life? Silken easy V-neck tee, a glittering arm full of bangles and some dangerously strappy shoes will complete a look that says EVERY DAY is my birthday.


Brian Atwood Shoes - All of us pledge our allegiance to a shoe designer at some point in our lives. Although I do adore my Diors, I have a particular passion for all things Brian Atwood, like these stunning "Loca" Studded Pumps ($800) that you can see in all their glory in the Sex and the City sequel out now (toward the end in Abu Dhabi when Carrie shows a little leg.)


Rick Owens - I bow to the high priest of goth tailoring and there isn't a fashion lover worth her salt that doesn't covet one of his mind-blowing leather jackets. Most women purchase a major designer bag to designate that they've made it. My money will be spent on a Rick Owens Organza-Trim Biker Jacket ($2,010.)



My Amazon Wish List - Most of us update them about once a month. I update mine about once every other day and it's filled with a fashion library I would kill for, movies I adore and other objects I desire, like this fabulous Canon Rebel XS 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black) ($499.)

These are just a few on the top of many, many designers that have inspired me. I adore fashion, I love style and I am a sincere disciple of beauty. May this list inspire your own fashion fantasies and may all of you get everything you desire for your birthdays and every day.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast