Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Obsession of the Day: Ranjana Khan Crystal and Silk Flower Bib Necklace



Anyone that knows me is aware of my love for the 80's nighttime soap opera, Dynasty. And by love, I mean nothing short of obsession: I have seen every episode at least three times, I can recite lines, I bought a piece of the Nolan Miller wardrobe at auction, and I own any season available on DVD. The drama, big jewelry, giant hair, diamonds, lame, and the fact that Linda Evans' shoulder pads kept growing to what seemed like NFL regulation size kept me coming back for more every week.

My love for the now-defunct television show has influenced my love of jewelry my entire adult life: I like my jewelry to exude opulence, with gems that send light dancing around the room. Hence, my obsession with every single item of jewelry that has been created by the uber-talented Ranjana Khan. Wife of my beloved Naeem Khan (red carpet darling, designing guru extraordinare, the man who brought down the house at A/W '10 Fashion Week,) this designing dynamo creates statement-making jewelry that is meant to be SEEN, people. This confection of crystal and silk can add instant glamour to a basic t-shirt and jeans for girls night out or will turn your Little Black Dress into a showstopping look. Weddings, holiday parties, backyard barbecues- it wouldn't matter where you wore it, it would broadcast that everyone should bring their A-game that night because, well, you've obviously brought yours.

Ranjana Khan jewelry is for power girls, ladies who love to be seen. Like me. Now, run over there and fetch me another martini, darling. I've got some Dynasty to watch.

Ranjana Khan Crystal and Silk Flower Bib Necklace ( $1,100) - available at Saks Fifth Avenue
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast