Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Beauty Obsession: My Brand New Summer Look, Courtesy of Lancome and Sandy Linter


A little while ago, I had the pleasure of attending a product demo at the Lancome store on Manhattan's Upper East Side, where I was treated to a first-hand experience with their new gorgeous summer products from the new Bronze Riviera collection. That would have been quite enough because my love of Lancome is lifelong (it's the first makeup line I ever purchased with my own money), but then I was treated to the ultimate surprise: legendary makeup artist Sandy Linter would be doing my makeup.



For those of you who don't know why this is such a big deal, Sandy Linter is a beauty industry icon. I've followed this tiny makeup powerhouse's work since I was a young girl and I can name almost every celebrity she's ever done: Elizabeth Hurley, Christie Brinkley, Sigourney Weaver, Patti Hansen, Jessica Lange, and Queen Noor of Jordan are just a few of the hundreds of women she's worked on over the years. She had her first Vogue cover in 1974, which led to many other covers of such magazines as Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar and Glamour. She's now Lancome's Beauty At Any Age Expert and a total delight. I'm not kidding: it's one of the rare times in this industry I've been completely starstruck. It was truly an honor. She's a tiny little thing but she's hilarious and sweet and I've sworn my eternal gratitude.


I digress. Sandy went to work using Lancome's amazing new summer products on my face, which included the following (in no particular order):



Effacernes Medium Bisque ($28.50) - a gorgeous concealer that smooths undereye circles and skin, leaving behind a soft, matte complexion.


Maquicomplet in Correcteur ($28.50) - a great concealer that works on blemishes and other imperfections, it also contains antioxidants, a hydrating botanical complex and light-diverting agents.



Le Crayon Khol (summer) in Sultry in Sunset ($28) - a fabulous dual-ended waterproof eye pencil that has a sooty black on one end and a warm carmel brown on the other. Great for us brown-eyed girls.

Definicils ($24.50) - Gave me some of the longest, best-defined lashes I've ever had. I love this mascara. It's a Hall of Fame winner of most beauty awards for a reason.

Le Crayon Poudre Brow Pencil in Taupe ($24) - I am constantly forgetting to use brow pencil to define my brows but every time someone does it, it opens my eyes and instantly makes my entire face look better. Do this, ladies.


Tropiques Minerale Bamboo Bronzer ($45) - I admit to being new to the bronzer game, but now that I've experienced it, this product is sincerely my new best friend. The packaging is glamorous and the bronzer delivers instant sun-kissed skin and a healthy glow. I adore it so much I went out and bought one for my mom.

Ageless Minerale Blush in Brilliant Berry ($29.50) - I'm obsessed with this blush. It's finally the perfect tint that makes me look perfectly flushed without looking too made up. It's finally gotten me away from my beloved NARS Orgasm blush and that's really hard to do.


Sensational Effects Eyeshadow Palette in Haute Sunset
($42) - A gorgeous set of browns which are great for day and then layer them up for a smoky eye effect for evening. Brown-eyed girls, this is a must.


L'Absolu Rouge in Beige Chestnut ($29) - Obviously, the image is red but just trust me on this - it's a sexy brown nude that has enough pink in it to look like wet lips in the summer. I can't even get into it. I wear it EVERYWHERE now.


Lancome has so many amazing things happening for summer, including their newly-reformulated Flash Bronzer ($36), which is oil free and will give you a nice healthy glow in mere minutes with SPF 15 for daily commuting coverage.

This summer, it's all about Lancome and their spectacular makeup. If you need proof, check out my new Sandy Linter-created look: it's soft, it's alluring and it's all Lancome.

1 comment:

On the Glam said...

I'm a lifelong Definicils fan - it was the first fancy mascara I ever purchased...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast