Monday, April 6, 2009

Editor’s Lust List: Gossip Girl Edition – Serena’s Marc Jacobs “Stam”



I admit that I’m just as obsessed with Gossip Girl as the next person and I tune in diligently every Monday night to watch oversexed high school students deliver razor-sharp dialogue in drop-dead gorgeous couture. I read an interview a while ago where the show’s Costume Designer, Eric Daman, compared the styles of the two lead characters by saying that Blair (Leighton Meester) is American Vogue and Serena (Blake Lively) is French Vogue. Interesting thing to keep in mind while you watch the show, isn’t it?



I’m usually slightly obsessed with Serena’s wardrobe but this past week it became full-on envy as I realized she was carrying my current dream bag, the Marc Jacobs Jeweled Stam Satchel ($2350) in the final scenes of the episode. I spotted my first Stam in the window of the Marc Jacobs store weeks ago and haven’t been able to get the item out of my head. I haven’t exactly figured out how I will go about getting one of these gorgeous bags but have no fear: I will have it.

I believe in saving your pennies for a rainy day and in this economy who can afford not to do such a thing? But we’re all allowed to dream and right now my sweetest dreams include this most gorgeous Marc Jacobs bag.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast