Thursday, June 25, 2009

FSB Pays Tribute to a Beauty Icon: Farrah Fawcett




Another sad report today: Farrah Fawcett passed away earlier today from complications due to her struggle with cancer.

For many of us who grew up in the 70's, Farrah Fawcett was and always will be a beauty icon. From commercials to Charlie's Angels and the best-selling poster of all time, Farrah Fawcett was the ultimate gorgeous beauty with almost ethereal looks. Not only was she physically stunning, she was a Hell of an actress: if you've ever seen The Burning Bed or Extremities, you'd be hard pressed to disagree with me.

Even as an African-American woman, I've always aspired to her level of beauty and it's not the California blonde look that I desired: it was her glow. I've always perceived a radiance of spirit about Farrah Fawcett that simply shone from the inside. That's what true beauty means to me, personally: no amount of makeup will ever make you beautiful from the inside out. You have to do that by being true to who you are, taking risks and nuturing your spirit. It's always been my perception that this was the true secret to Farrah's beauty and for that, I will always remember her fondly as a true icon of beauty.

RIP, Farrah.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast