Sunday, December 6, 2009

Parties with Style: The Lips Karaoke Video Game



I get invited to do a lot of really fun things writing for FSB and when someone says "karaoke" and "snacks," my frustrated inner rock star starts planning her arrival. I recently attended an event where I was offered a chance to check out the video game Lips (available for Xbox 360 and Wii) and let me just go ahead and say it: you need it. I don't care if you can sing, if you can't sing or if you're secretly planning your stadium tour in your head: this video game is a party in a box. Invite a couple of friends over and show off your insanely fabulous shower singing skills while serving beverages and snacks and you'll see exactly what I mean.

This ain't your mama's karaoke experience with song and a bouncing ball on plain lyric screens. Oh no, we've got the ability to sing over the real MTV quality video, create an avatar and get scored based on how well you sing the song. The song list includes Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, Kayne West, Tokio Hotel and some good classic favorites from Marvin Gaye, LL Cool J, The Cardigans and Tears for Fears. You can sing Rihanna and your grandmother can sing a Beach Boys song. This is fun for the whole group and there's something in it for everyone.

Lips comes with two microphones and the video included. I'm telling you right now that if you get this for your holiday party (or even as a gift for someone), it is guaranteed to please. Head to your local GameStop or hit Amazon.com now and buy yours today.

A warning if you invite me, though: I'm a little too competitive when it comes to things like this and I might wreck your hotel room in true rock star style. I'm just kidding...kind of.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Google Analytics

Quantcast